Compilation to listen: Afterdark 002 Los Angeles [mixed by Snejder]
I haven’t wrote a word in a while, and also haven’t had the chance to be on board with everything that happened in the Trance community. But when I went to Beatport and see what else was released, I came across a very good compilation from Snejder: Afterdak 002 Los Angeles. This compilation seen the light of day on May 24 and seen that is received some very nice feedback till now. I also received my copy a couple of days ago, so the happiness of enjoying this is even bigger.
2 CDs and 16 tracks. A fine selection that starts with Snejder’s Back Home. I think we can all agree this is a huge track and amazing on the dancefloor. Collectively Cold Blue’s synth-storming “Another Life”, “Redemption” from Alessandra Roncone, newcomer Billie Gillies, master Giuseppe Ottaviani and the one and only Craig Connelly make this compilation one TO LISTEN.
Album-exclusive ‘Here Once Again’ sees the mix go up a gear, opening it up into its tougher second act. Stoneface & Terminal’s ‘Mind Games’, Mandy Reid’s ‘Infiltration’, ‘Taipan’ from Renegade System and others orchestrate the floor action before Sneijder’s harmonic, anthemic revision of Ben Gold & Sivan’s ‘Stay’ kisses it off.
One of my favorites from disc 1 is, of course, Starpicker – Elated. This man is on the run and his track is definitely one of this year’s best trance tracks. I don’t know how he came up with the melody, but is hypnotic. It gives me the “dance party” vibe, no matter where I am: in the bus, in the car, at the office, at home. Dance party all day long, having this track on repeat.
From disc 2’s outset, Sneijder drops straight back into a tougher groove. Alex Di Stefano dives ‘Into The Flames’, Shugz explores ‘The Darkside’ and David Forbes produces a ‘Phenomenon’ – each raising its pressure by degrees. Into that slipstream comes another swathe of Sneijder’s own, with his recent rewire of Nick Callaghan’s ‘Kill Jester’ and his team-ups with David Forbes (on ‘Flashback’) & Nick Callaghan (‘Marching Orders’) bringing techier tones. The second mix reaches its dizzying zenith with some weapons-grade gear from O’Callaghan & Kearney’s Key4050 project. ‘Egon’ and ‘Utterly Butterly’ viscerally bookend James Dymond’s bringback of Maria Nayler anthem ‘Angry Skies’ and Simon Patterson/Sam Jones pair-up ‘Rotavator’.
If you’ve not clubbed in LA before, this compilation will all-but secure those credentials for you. Across its 30+ tracks, two or more musical hours and disc deuce, Sneijder musically divines LA to a forensic level. You can order/bookmark ‘Afterdark 002 – Los Angeles, Compiled & Mixed By Sneijder’ here (https://afterdark.choons.at/002-losangeles).
Sneijder – Afterdark 002 [Los Angeles] – tracklist
01. Sneijder - Back Home (Club Mix)
02. Cold Blue - Another Life
03. Alessandra Roncone - Redemption
04. Billie Gillies - Evolve
05. Sneijder - Resonate
06. Giuseppe Ottaviani - Panama
07. Starpicker - Elated
08. Sneijder & Karen Kelly - Be With You (Craig Connelly Remix)
09. Sneijder - Here Once Again
10. Project 8 - Reason I Say This
11. Stoneface & Terminal - Mind Games
12. Renegade System & Ed Lynam - Redux
13. Mandy Reid - Infiltration
14. Manuel Le Saux & Unbeat - EVO
15. Renegade System - Taipan
16. Ben Gold & Sivan - Stay (Sneijder Remix)
01. Sneijder - Violate
02. David Forbes - Phenomenon
03. Shugz - The Darkside
04. Alex Di Stefano - Into The Flames
05. Nick Callaghan - Kill Jester (Sneijder Rework)
06. Sneijder & David Forbes - Flashback
07. Sneijder & Nick Callaghan - Marching Orders
08. Simon Patterson featuring Lucy Pullin - Blink
09. Ashley Bradbury - Sesh Gremlin
10. Sneijder - Break The Silence
11. Dante - Cognitive Behaviour
12. Key4050 – Egon
13. Billy Gillies - Open Your Mind
14. Maria Nayler - Angry Skies (James Dymond Remix)
15. Simon Patterson & Sam Jones - Rotavator (Sam Jones Remix)
16. Iain M – Serotonin
17. Sneijder - Decimate
18. Key4050 - Utterly Butterly