Light Years. A journey through the Cosmic Gate.
There is no secret. I like Cosmic Gate. A lot. I loved them. Their music shaped my ears through the years, made me love trance music more and contributed a lot to my dance parties in the office, at home, in the bus, pretty much everywhere.
Recently, they launched a new single, called Light Years. The track is taken from their Forward Forever Backward Never LP, coming on August 23.
It is a journey. It is the Cosmic Gate journey they take us to, each time. It makes you instantly recognize it is a Cosmic Gate track. You already know the sounds that give you goosebumps, the one that make you jump and the ones that make you lose your mind on the dancefloor. It is classic. New, but classic.
And of course, I like it. There is no saying Cosmic Gate, without me liking it. This track reminds me of something old, but something new. I really like the euphoric sounds and the drive this track has. Sugar, spice and everything nice. This were the first words that came through my mind when I first hit the play button.
Cool and melodic in all the right places, euphorically summit scaling everywhere else – you can experience that ‘Light Years’ feeling for yourself right here, right now (stream or download here: https://cosmicgate.complete.me/lightyears)
Now, the album.
[Previously] Fair to say Cosmic Gate have had a pretty charmed start to their milestone twentieth year. The first six months alone have seen the duo serve the aforementioned brace of Beatport #1s with the MINT-playlisted ‘Come With Me’ and the “profound” (say DJ Mag) “9/10” ranked ‘Need To Feel Loved’. January brought word of their first Grammy nomination and further saw the group kick off their Forward Ever, Backward Never tour – one that to date has touched 30 cities globally.
I listened to the album, and it has some really interesting tracks in it. Some classics reworks (like The Wave and Not Enough Time), some remixes from Cosmic Gate for Tracks like Need to Feel Loved or Lizard (I really likee their take on Mauro Picotto’s classic <3), remixs from other artists (like Ilan Bluestone or Andrew Bayer), but also new stuff. You’ll definitely be in for a treat.
Side not. Maybe because I like the track too much, the album name it remindes me of Forward Forever from Orkidea (the Indecent Noise Remix), but I may be only me. Beside all this, the album is great and it definitely deserves your attention.
On its announcement Cosmic Gate commented that it was their intention to “take us closer to the 360 of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re going. In order to do this, the group junked the ‘greatest hits album’ blueprint and approached their 20 years commemorator from four separate production angles.
Tracklist: Cosmic Gate – 20 Years [Forward Ever Backward Never]
01. Cosmic Gate – Come With Me (Album Intro Mix)
02. Cosmic Gate & Foret – Need To Feel Loved
03. Cosmic Gate - Light Years
04. Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt - Be Your Sound (Ilan Bluestone Remix)
05. Mauro Picotto - Lizard (Cosmic Gate Remix)
06. Cosmic Gate & Jan Johnston - I Feel Wonderful (Greenhaven DJs Remix)
07. Cosmic Gate - Fire Wire (Andrew Bayer Remix)
08. Cosmic Gate & Denise Rivera - Body Of Conflict (Elevven Remix)
09. Cosmic Gate - The Wave 2.0
10. Cosmic Gate - FAV (Patrick White Remix)
11. Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt - Not Enough Time 2.0
12. Cosmic Gate - Human Beings (Rolo Green Remix)
13. Rank 1 - L.E.D. There Be Light (Cosmic Gate Remix)
14. Cosmic Gate - Exploration Of Space (Grum Remix)
15. Cosmic Gate - Analog Feel (Estiva Remix)
16. Cosmic Gate - Conciousness (Genix Remix - Cosmic Gate Edit)