RAM & DANIEL SKYVER – GROTESQUE REWORKED & REMIXED 2 [New compilation]
A new compilation is coming to you this autumn. This time, from the mighty Grotesque and its Ram and Daniel Skyver. “Grotesque Reworked and Remixed 2” serves you one mix of the best from trance’s freshly released and remixed crop, whilst the other cliff-dives into the archives to rework some of the genre’s classier classics.
Over 230 minutes, the release has a posse of on-point remixers to hand, with Alex M.O.R.P.H., Ferry Tayle, Jordan Suckley, Sneijder, Robert Nickson, Roger Shah just some of those flexing their remix-muscles. They’ve had a starry cast of legends to work on too, with productions from Tiësto & Armin, Aly & Fila, Ferry Corsten, Gabriel & Dresden, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Andy Moor andLange among those coming under the remix laser.
Having handled Volume 1’s duties solo, Master of Grotesque ceremonies RAM shakes up the album system some. For its second outing he’s drafted in head of Grotesque A&R Daniel Skyver to co-mix the edition. With RAM’s focusing on the ‘now’ and Daniel on the ‘then’, between them they’ve delivered a mixcomp that’s as big a salute to the time honoured trance remix as you’ll hear this year!
On his mix Daniel has dug deeper into the crates to focus on still remix-fresh trance heritage. A ‘Café Del Mar’/‘Greece 2000’/’1998’-rerun this is not! Over its opening half you’ll hear reworks like Ruddaz’s much-champed take on Coast 2 Coast’s ‘Home’, Roger Shah’s reimagining of ‘Somewhere Inside’ from Allure & Julie Thompson and Alex M.O.R.P.H. uptick of Kamaya Painters’ ‘Wasteland’. Further in Joy Kitikonti’s ‘Joyenergizer’ gets a lightning bolt retouch from 2nd Phase, Armin & Tiësto Pres. Major League’s ‘Wonder?’ dazzlingly comes to the remix attentions of that man Jordan Suckley and Indecent Noise overhauls DJ Wag’s Overdose classic ‘Man On The Moon’. Bringing his disc to an adrenaline-charged conclusion, Daniel lines up David Forbes’ fresh-off-the-desk remix of Hennes & Cold’s ‘The Second Trip’, while the mix and heads to the dawn with Binary Finary’s elevating spin on Mauro Picotto’s ‘Komodo’.
On Vol. 2, RAM’s tasked himself with handling the cherry-pick of 2018’s remixes and in the search has left no stone unturned. He frontends’ the mix with Robert Nickson reshaping of Giuseppe Ottaviani & Christian Burns ‘Brightheart’, Sneijder’s restoration of Lustral’s ‘Everytime’ and the Ciaran McAuley refit of Aly & Fila/Ferry Corsten collab ‘Camellia’. As the mix crosses over into its second – even more uplifting – phase, RAM spikes the punch with some reworks of his own material. ‘Forever And A Day’ and ‘Circle Of Life’ feature in their Allen Watts and Amir Hussain reinterpretations, while his and Mark Sherry ‘Nordic Nights’ gets hit by a Darren Porter rebuild. He reaches its final apex with Dan Stone’s remix of Aly & Fila’s ‘We Control The Sunlight’, Davey Asprey’s ‘Sunbreaker’ and HP Source’s H.P Lovecraft-esque take of Sneijder’s ‘Neutralize’.
Remix fun for the whole (trance) family, ‘Grotesque Reworked & Remixed 2’ is the release you need to launch your 2018 clubbing autumn the right way. Full tracklist details below, and the album’s available to pre-stream/purchase via this link now: https://reworked.choons.at/remixed2
RAM & Daniel Skyver – Grotesque Reworked & Remixed
Disc 1 Reworked – Mixed by Daniel Skyver
- Julie Thompson – Shine (Ciaran McAuley Remix)
- DJ Ton T.B. – Dream Machine (Ton T.B.’s After Daylight Remix)
- Coast 2 Coast featuring Discovery – Home (Ruddaz Remix)
- Allure featuring Julie Thompson – Somewhere Inside (Roger Shah Remix)
- Jonas Steur featuring Jennifer Rene – Fall To Pieces (Daniel Skyver Remix)
- Lange & Sarah Howells – Out Of The Sky (Andres Sanchez Remix)
- Electrovoya – Effervesce II (Omar Sherif Remix)
- Kamaya Painters – Wasteland (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix)
- Basic Dawn – Pure Thrust (Ferry Tayle Remix)
- Joy Kitikonti – Joyenergizer (2nd Phase Remix)
- Mark Norman – Rush (Paul Denton Remix)
- Major League – Wonder? (Jordan Suckley Remix)
- DJ Wag – Man On The Moon (Indecent Noise Remix)
- Hennes & Cold – The Second Trip (David Forbes Remix)
- Mauro Picotto – Komodo (Binary Finary Remix)
Disc 2 Remixed – Mixed by RAM
- Orkidea – Nana (Waio Remix)
- RAM & Ciaran McAuley – Serengeti (Arctic Moon Remix)
- Lustral – Everytime (Sneijder Remix)
- Allure featuring JES – Show Me The Way (Dan Thompson Remix)
- Giuseppe Ottaviani & Christian Burns – Brightheart (Robert Nickson Remix)
- Aly & Fila vs Ferry Corsten – Camellia (Ciaran McAuley Remix)
- Andain – Promises (Chris Schweizer Remix)
- RAM & Susana – Someone Like You (ReOrder Remix)
- Andy Moor, Somna & Diana Leah – There Is Light (A.R.D.I. Remix)
- RAM & Stine Grove – Forever And A Day (Allen Watts Remix)
- RAM – Circle Of Life (Amir Hussain Remix)
- Mark Sherry & RAM – Nordic Nights (Darren Porter Remix)
- Aly & Fila featuring Jwaydan – We Control The Sunlight (Dan Stone Remix)
- Davey Asprey – Sunbreaker (Mike Sanders Remix)
- Sneijder – Neutralize (HP Source Remix)