27 artists. One stage. One trance stage. Untold Festival made a very special gift to the Romanian Trance Community
I am looking at the video, and I still can’t believe it. I am looking at the announcement, and I still feel like dreaming. There will be a Trance stage at Untold festival, and this is the best announcement they could’ve make.
I went to Untold for their first edition to experience the festival, and they made a very good impression. In terms of organisation, artists, people, everything went magically. It was a very nice experience and I told all about it in a very long article here. I know the article is in Romanian, bear with me. At that time I wasn’t writing for the whole world. Will translate it later. Long story short, the 1st edition of Untold for me was all about the music and beautiful people. Armin did the most for me at that time. He was above everything. I am not the biggest Armin fan, but kudos for what he did there. And the next years after that: his set got longer and longer with each Untold edition. I am sure you all played this at least one time:
Well, this year they thought on making trance fans from Romania even happier. They finally announced for this 4th edition a trance scene. After asking for it, crying for it, making campaign and petitions for it, it finally happened. They made it happen. And they announced one hell of a lineup. I tried to make a short list out of all of these names, but I couldn’t. I want to see them all. I want to catch them all!
It was very difficult to pick one track for each of them to put it here. Can you gues each one I chose before clicking on their names?
- AIRWAVE (for being such an amazing classics man)
- ASTRAL PROJECTION (legends! True legends for what they did since 1993 for the electronic music field. Legends!)
- ATB (It will be nice to see him again. 😀 )
- BEN GOLD (because I never saw him live)
- BOGDAN VIX (because he is one of the pillars of the Trance Community in Romania. Also, he will have a mint set!)
- BRYAN KEARNEY (the man is mad behind the decks, and I am also a huge fan of his music)
- CHICANE (another legend. ^_^ )
- FERRY CORSTEN (even tough it is not a Gouryella set, I expect to magic either way)
- GABRIEL & DRESDEN (more legends!!!)
- GARETH EMERY (he knows how to please the crowd)
- JOHN 00 FLEMING (on the progressive trance fields, he is doing magic. Definitely one to listen, to follow, to have on repeat)
- KYAU & ALBERT (more and more legends!!!)
- MARCO V (I will repeat the word legend for every artist here. 😀 )
- MARK SHERRY (ohooooo the power of his sets, his music never disappointed me)
- MARKUS SCHULZ (he is part Romanian already. 😀 )
- MARLO (Seen him in Chisinau a couple of years ago, happy to see him again, in Romania this time)
- MENNO DE JONG (The man knows what trance is. In trance we definitely trust!)
- OMNIA (Never seen him live. But I am in love with his music)
- ORJAN NILSEN (The man know exactly what powerful electric sets mean)
- RICHARD DURAND (Recently I’ve been listening to a lot of his music again and fell in love once more with his work)
- RUBEN DE RONDE (say progressive. Say Ruben De Ronde. Definitely the man to kickstart a trance night)
- SIMON PATTERSON (Trance crush. Music crush. for a very long long time)
- SOLARSTONE (Trance crush. Pure trance crush. Music crush. Forever crush. This man knows music. I mean really knows the goosebumps music.)
- STANDERWICK (LIVE) (I’ve experienced his DJ sets, but never a live one. Looking forward to it)
- SUPER8 & TAB (Legendes. Legends. Legends.)
- THE THRILLSEEKERS (Legend. Again. I know. I am repeating myself. But this man is amazing.)
- WILL ATKINSON (Trance crush. Music crush. Forever crush. There is nothing more to say that he will “Numb the Pain” out of me. )
Long post again, but this line up is something we never had in Romania. So, imagine the happiness within the Romanian Trance Family. And not only I might mention. There is already a tradition for a lot of foreigners to visit Cluj only for the festival. And now, with this announcement I expect for more of them to come. I even tempted some of my friends with the line up yesterday.
For those interested I am leaving here a little bit more details about the event:
When: 2-5 august, 2018
Where: Cluj, Romania
How: Tickets and be found on the website www.untold.com.
If you didn’t find accommodation yet, there a lot of tips on their website. Just check them out. These may go away soon!